AirSWIFT, the Philippines’ first boutique airline, has kicked off a brand new route — Manila to Romblon!
For fairly a while, the one strategy to attain Romblon is by sea. It turned simpler to achieve when Romblon Airport (also called Tugdan Airport or Tablas Airport) within the municipality of Alcantara opened and common flights began working to the province. Nevertheless, the pandemic put a halt to its operations. The ocean, as soon as once more, turned the one mode of economic passenger transportation accessible.
Quick ahead to 24 September 2022: AirSWIFT had its inaugural flight! This makes touring between Manila and Romblon a lot sooner, simpler, and extra handy once more. No have to burn many hours on a ferry. This cuts the journey to roughly an hour.
As of this writing, listed here are the small print:
- Terminal in Manila: NAIA Terminal 4
- Terminal in Romblon: Tugdan Airport (Romblon Airport) in Alcantara, Tablas Island
- Journey time: 1 hour and quarter-hour
- Schedule: Tuesdays and Saturdays (2x every week)
Proper now, AirSWIFT has an introductory promo masking flights to Romblon. In case you’re flying earlier than the 12 months ends, you may snag tickets for less than P3,819, all-in. Extra data within the picture beneath:
AirSWIFT has 4 kinds of airfare packages:
- Promo: This affords limitless free rebooking and 7kg carry-on baggage. Nevertheless, because it’s a promo, restricted seats can be found for this package deal.
- Primary: This permits rebooking 5x at no cost, however refunding and rerouting will not be permitted. No check-in baggage allowance, however you have got free 7kg for carry-on baggage.
- Worth: This has 10kg check-in baggage allowance on prime of the 7kg carry-on baggage. You are able to do rebooking 5X at no cost, however you may’t do rerouting.
- Premium: This has the identical perks because the Worth package deal BUT with a check-in baggage allowance of 20kg as an alternative of simply 10kg.
NOTE: When availing of the free rebooking, you will need to understand that fare distinction could apply.
AirSWIFT makes use of the ATR 42-600, a turboprop regional airliner manufactured by the Franco-Italian plane producer ATR (Avions de Transport Régional). It seats as much as 50 passengers solely, which suggests much less fuss and stress on the airport, even throughout check-in and boarding.
For extra details about AirSWIFT and to take a look at their flight schedule and fares, go to www.air-swift.com.
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
Listed below are the highest Romblon motels and resorts on Agoda. Be aware of the placement of those properties as a result of the province is an archipelago and the properties beneath are in varied islands.
Written by: Asta Alvarez
Photographs by: Yosh Dimen
Disc: We had been fortunate and honored to be invited by the Division of Tourism (DOT) – MIMAROPA to have a good time the event with AirSWIFT and the individuals of Romblon. The occasion and succeeding tour was organized by AirSWIFT.